Getting the most out of your Library is important to the Board of Trustees and the Library Staff. Policies are designed to maximize your understanding while maintaining your privacy.
Library Policy Manual August 2022 (overarching library policy on how we govern and expectations of roles and responsibilities)
- Do take your time to browse around.
- Do feel free to ask questions from the ultimate search engine – a librarian.
- Do silence your cell phone.
- Do talk quietly – and respect those around you in our shared space. However, please understand that we have no designated quiet rooms. Given our layout, a little noise is to be expected.
- Do use our free WiFi with your enabled devices.
- Do take advantage of our free programs.
- Do “test drive” our patron iPad.
- Do relax in our comfy chairs and read a newspaper or magazine.
- Do read and play with your kids in our kids’ section area.
- Do follow our posted Safe Child Policy and don’t leave kids unattended anywhere – for their own safety.
- Do follow us on Facebook.
- Do be patient if we’re busy! Staff will serve you as soon as possible.
- Do limit your computer time when accompanied by small children. They are not nearly as interested as you are.
- Do respect our no pet/no food/no drink policy. This eliminates smells, messes, and pests.
- Do inform the librarian if you see, smell, or hear anything that is inappropriate or out of place.
- Do apply for your own library card. Open an online account and browse the collection, place holds, and renew items virtually anytime/anywhere at your convenience.
- Do feel free to give us feedback about what you would like to see posted on our Library website.
- Do read more books. It’s good for all of us!